The "Doctor" Is In (Ashla Vyliis)

Everything you wanted to know and then some.

The "Doctor" Is In (Ashla Vyliis)

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:36 pm

I'll answer most questions. I plan to reprise Ashla.
Republic * "Doctor" * Unwilling Jedi Padawan * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

Equipment: Lightsaber, Physician's Kit

Languages: Huttese, Togruti
Ashla Vyliis

Re: The "Doctor" Is In (Ashla Vyliis)

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:57 pm

I sorta want more of a look inside Ashla's head.

But I'm also afraid...
Republic Military Officer * Alderaanian Noble * Diplomat * Profile * Theme
Carries: Officer's Blaster Pistol, 4 stimpacks. Grenade when appropriate
Niall Organa

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Sure. Though I'm not entirely sure how to answer that. So, here's my best attempt.

Well, I tried to play Ashla who has had a traumatic childhood with one horror after another happening to her. Her way of dealing with it for the most part is to treat it like was nothing or even a good thing ("Dad let me play with bodies!"). For example, she treated slavery as a fact of life and even sent Cole to a brothel with sex slaves (I forget if Cole's player actually went there or just told Ashla in his "WTF" message to her). But when she went to buy the kids.... That hit her hard. Seeing their faces, she couldn't ignore it then.

There's also a mix of bratty teen in there. She actually has been given a chance at a better life. She just refuses to see it (to be fair, change has rarely been a good thing for her). Well, she's starting to now, especially after freeing Jeebu and the others and her talk with Satele and Master Thun.

Finally, there's her desire to be a doctor. She loves it. She felt needed. Something more as a thing like she was under Kidaja or the serial killer's daughter. It's why she was so adamant about being a doctor instead of a Jedi. It's likely that feeling will transfer to being a Jedi.
Republic * "Doctor" * Unwilling Jedi Padawan * Morally Flexible * Force Sensitive * Soresu Defender

Ashla Vyliis

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Neat! That's a pretty good answer! Thanks!
Republic Military Officer * Alderaanian Noble * Diplomat * Profile * Theme
Carries: Officer's Blaster Pistol, 4 stimpacks. Grenade when appropriate
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:23 am

I really should of tried to find a follow up thread with Ashla after our dance.

Sadly it didn't work out. Still I enjoyed our thread.
Neutral * Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Gambler * Fast Hands

Gear: Evea'lin (slug thrower), Audh'reh (blaster pistol, hidden), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat, Jacket, Gloves, Armored clothes. Umbrella

Ship: Three Drinks Description Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:55 am

Any particular things you wish would have happened? I feel like there may have been some requests floating ^^;
Assistant GM | Yandere | Duchess of Yuri | Corgi-chan?
Nekoinu

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:04 am

Zanebry Varliss wrote:I really should of tried to find a follow up thread with Ashla after our dance.

Sadly it didn't work out. Still I enjoyed our thread.

That would've been cool, but I took a few days off because I was having knee trouble and then had a hard time getting back into the game. So, I wasn't around as much. Sorry. I enjoyed our Thread too.

Nekoinu wrote:Any particular things you wish would have happened? I feel like there may have been some requests floating ^^;

There was Ashla's call to her Master.....

But it's alright. I made the Thread and then above knee trouble left me with only the urge to lie down and watch Netflix/Youtube and I think I forgot about until after a few in-game days.

But I was pretty happy our scenes.

Ashla Vyliis

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 am

Next time then if you reprise Ashla ^^
Assistant GM | Yandere | Duchess of Yuri | Corgi-chan?
Nekoinu

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:10 am

No questions, just thank you. My interactions with Ashla went a long way towards developing Cole's personality.

Cole didn't actually go into the brothel, but our IC PMs about it were great :)

I/Cole look forward to meeting her again next time.
Petty Officer | Navy Surgeon | Republic | Forever Alone | Profile

OUTFIT: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Backpack, Utility Belt.
GEAR: Standard Medpac, Respirator, Datapad, Fusion Lantern, Flask.
Accompanied by Pt. Pir Yongo, Republic Soldier from Dantooine, when in the Red Light District.
LANGUAGES: Huttese.

Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, I get to roll my dice, ain't it nice?
Cole Ormont

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 am

P.S. Love your avatar ;) ;)

Accompanied by Pt. Pir Yongo, Republic Soldier from Dantooine, when in the Red Light District.

Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, I get to roll my dice, ain't it nice?
Cole Ormont

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:24 am

Well, I had this really great artist make it for me. ;)

Ashla Vyliis

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:49 am

They should *definitely* do more art.

Cole Ormont

Postby Moyr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:29 am

Ashla looked like hell of a great character but my reachout to the Pubs was limited and so I missed out on a lot of awesome. Bot I have questions!

Primary: how likely would it have been to pull Ashla to the Dark Side? :P

And the basics!

Highlight of the game?

Biggest regret?

Moment of desperation?

Dirtiest in-character thought?
Sith | Lethan Twi'lek | Former Smuggler | Shadow | Radical | Subversive | Honorary Fett | Profile

Wear: casual, concealing, jungle, or Mandalorian!; Weapon: 'Passion' (shadowsheathed twin-bladed lightsabre), X-30 Lancer, palm stunner, frags; Stuff: commlink, datapad, hand scanner, scramble key, survival kit, stimpacks; Ship: The Bitch, Corellian-Mandalorian hybrid light freighter; Crew: "Gunnie" Wren, co-pilot & T3-X3, maintenance droid; Companions: Virginia, battle droid

"You can have only as much liberty as you have the instinct to want and the audacity to take."
Moyr Ahaya

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:01 am

Ashla was unlikely to go to the Dark Side. Or I should say she was unlikely to join the Sith. She has a feeling she would get herself killed by opening her mouth, plus she suspects the Jedi she caused to get kicked out of the Order might have fled to the Sith (I don't actually know, left it up to the GMs). The Dark Side itself? Eh. I did envision her taking the path to become a real Jedi, but if events gave her cause, I could see her going neutral and turning to the Dark Side. Honestly, it relied more on if she was accepted by her fellow Republics and Jedi than anything else.

Highlight? I would say the whole slave buying/Jeebu thing. Those were great scenes and pivotal moments in Ashla's character development.

Regret? That after my short hiatus, I couldn't get back into the rhythm of the game. I wound up only having a Thread or two a day just because I had a mental block.

Desperation? Well, I'm still in combat, so that could change, but my brain surgery scenes. I was worried (IC and OOC) that Ashla would be killed if she failed.

Dirtiest IC thought? None. I had a lot of romantic drama in the last game. While it was fun, it was enough for me for a while. Considering Ashla's history of sexual exploitation, I decided she would have lingering hang-ups regarding sex. She has made moves towards healing those wounds (forcing herself on dates with Remmi and Z), but for right now Ashla doesn't like thinking about that sort of thing.

Ashla Vyliis

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 pm

*sigh* Ashla was one of those I really wanted to spend more time with after Day 1 since I felt like there could've been a lot of fun Sith-philosophy talk there for both characters to explore... but it kept getting pushed to the side. :( I'm sorry.

I really enjoyed what I saw of Ashla, especially the adorable Jeebu she picked up! <3 I felt like that moment was a big changer for her, as a reader looking in.

What are Ashla's plans for the future?

Did her experience on Nar Shaddaa change her view on the Sith or the Empire?

Which PC did she connect with the most?
Sith | Shien Sentinel | Pureblood | Vowrawn's Apprentice | Deviless | Scourge's Legacy | Successor To The Eternal Emperor | Data | Theme (end of game)
Ship: Saarai-kaar (Crew: Jitter, Jawa mechanic. Anthy, Section IX rookie)

Gear: Shadowsuit armor w/cloak and mask (on occassion), gloves, Chwûq (shoto lightsaber, Siqsa (lightsaber), utility belt with suprises, commlink, datapad.
Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Picking up Jeebu was a game changer for her. It's basically the moment she decides to start taking the whole Jedi business seriously.

I haven't quite decided Ashla's future, but probably stay the course on being a Jedi.

She didn't really change her view of the Empire or the Sith, but she didn't really have a terrible view of them in the first place. She sees nothing inherently wrong with individual Sith and sees most problems coming from the "Emperor."

Probably Cole. He was a sort of mentor to her and they developed a friendship during the time helping the needy of Nar Shaddaa.

Ashla Vyliis

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:16 pm

I rather enjoyed having Ashla around. Wish we had more threads together or even went out on a bounty job together. Felt we needed more adventure. :lol:

What are her thoughts about Remmy? Hutt Balling? Glad that she is being reprised. Would she give some thought into become a retainer? Not sure if the answer will change if Remmy makes some actual inroads into the Republic or not.
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Our Threads were fun. Chalk that up to my not being here really for the second half of the game.

Other than being freaked out by what she assumed was a proposal, she rather liked Remmi.

Ashla loved Huttballing. Though OOC, it was hard for me to do that and anything else due to the amount of strain it would inflict on me. Huttball is hard for us 1 Brawn people. I do wish I would have hung out with the team more though.

Probably won't become a retainer. Ashla likes her independence and sees Remmi as an equal (which is probably for the best, Ashla tends to have a distrust and dislike for those she considers "higher" than her). That said, she would help Remmi get set up in the Republic.

Ashla Vyliis

Postby Alysele Cortess » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Medical Hobiyst is my favorite term this game :-)

Our thread was fun though, sorry about not following up more.
Republic Jedi * Force Sensitive * Arrogant Duelist * Ambitious Noble
Carries: lightsaber (blue), white robes, stimpack
Alysele Cortess

Postby Vec Gunnar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:11 am

We met early but never saw each other again, still fun as the first Republic member Vec got to meet.
Imperial | Human | Military | Trooper | Sergeant | OT-422
Carries on Duty: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle, Combat Knife, Grenades, Laminate Armour, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Stimpack x2, and likely even more.

Description
Vec Gunnar

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:21 am

Well, this applies to Alysele and Vec, I agree. It would have been great to meet you both again. I hope Ashla can run into them in a future game.

Alysele, I really liked our Thread. I think an Ashla/Alysele friendship could have/can be very interesting.

Vec, we could have had some interesting Threads, just by different personalities alone. Oh, and if Ashla found out you were paling around with Vera Hawke.....

Ashla Vyliis

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:21 am

Awesome. I'll totally hire you and Cole for my Republic medical facility. :lol:

Oh yeah, since you brought it up. Any particular reason why Ashla is a Vera Hawke fan? How big of a fan girl is she?
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Ashla Vyliis » Thu May 31, 2018 10:15 am

I somehow missed this. It's a bit late, but I'll answer.

With her messed up background, I grabbed on to it give her a part of her that was more normal. It's not all just one endless suffering and terrible decisions. In some respects, she's a normal teenager.

While she would never call herself a fan girl, she is a fairly large one. She has seen the entire series a couple of times and will watch reruns here and there.

Ashla Vyliis

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Thu May 31, 2018 10:41 am

Ah okay. Sounds fair to me.

My other character idea for Bankor was going to be an ultra fan boy.

Remmington Thalalas

Return to Q & A Forum