No, You Move (Niall Organa Q&A)

Everything you wanted to know and then some.

No, You Move (Niall Organa Q&A)

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:06 pm

I imagine that Niall was pretty clear to most people, but you never know!
Republic Military Officer * Alderaanian Noble * Diplomat * Profile * Theme
Carries: Officer's Blaster Pistol, 4 stimpacks. Grenade when appropriate
Niall Organa

Re: No, You Move (Niall Organa Q&A)

Postby Nekoinu » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:13 pm

I know you mentioned it before but what was Captain Alderaan's most trying moment?
Assistant GM | Yandere | Duchess of Yuri | Corgi-chan?
Nekoinu

Postby Niall Organa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Hrm. That's tricky. Because the clear winner would be failing to save the woman from the terrorists. But it's no longer entirely clear what happened there.

So... second place is trickier. Confronting his sister's killer had some catharsis. So I'm going to say the mistaken near-assault on Section IX. Even just coming that close to getting his team killed was bad. And then the diplomatic fallout, which he could see coming.

The private getting killed by the Hutts was also a little rough.
Niall Organa

Postby Col. Hala Moraal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:22 am

Will the Angel of Dromond Kass make a new friend? What's next for Captain Alderaan?

Tune in next time, for-

Wait, what do you mean "We've been cancelled"?
Imperial * Human * Military * Intelligence * Credentialed Diplomatic Attache
Dress uniform, assortment of ribbons and medals, code cylinders, comm link, data pad, species database, holdout blaster
description
Col. Hala Moraal

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:24 am

More of a general statement then anything.

You have Z's number niall, if you need him.

He will even try to not sleep with your girlfriend...

Probably.
Neutral * Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Gambler * Fast Hands

Gear: Evea'lin (slug thrower), Audh'reh (blaster pistol, hidden), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat, Jacket, Gloves, Armored clothes. Umbrella

Ship: Three Drinks Description Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:59 am

Col. Hala Moraal wrote:Will the Angel of Dromond Kass make a new friend? What's next for Captain Alderaan?

Tune in next time, for-

Wait, what do you mean "We've been cancelled"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVU4HURKEXs

As much as it pains me to say so, while Niall very much respects Hala, and likes her, he wouldn't consider her a friend. This is mostly due to the almost two decades of experience she has on him. Just as you said she sees him as a younger version of herself, he sees her as far beyond him. If they were on the same side, he might see her as a mentor.

Hopefully this doesn't make her feel old! She's not twice his age, but she does have more than ten times the experience. Errr, military experience, that is.

As for what's next, Niall still has a minimum of several years left in the Republic military. He's made the Mandalorian Irregulars his project, sort of, so that's probably what he'll do next.

Zanebry Varliss wrote:More of a general statement then anything.

You have Z's number niall, if you need him.

Hey, thanks! That means a lot. I'll let you know if-

Zanebry Varliss wrote:He will even try to not sleep with your girlfriend...

Probably.

... what a guy.
Niall Organa

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:03 am

Hey we just danced!

It's not like I slept with everyone I danced with... just like 43%!

Thats not helping is it?

Edit: I looked over the results
Last edited by Zanebry Varliss on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neutral * Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Gambler * Fast Hands

Gear: Evea'lin (slug thrower), Audh'reh (blaster pistol, hidden), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat, Jacket, Gloves, Armored clothes. Umbrella

Ship: Three Drinks Description Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Moyr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 am

Except for one partisan clash we didn't really meet but Captain Alderaan is larger than life so questions incoming!

Highlight of the game?

Biggest regret?

Moment of desperation?

Dirtiest in-character thought?

Any general thoughts about my character?
Sith | Lethan Twi'lek | Former Smuggler | Shadow | Radical | Subversive | Honorary Fett | Profile

Wear: casual, concealing, jungle, or Mandalorian!; Weapon: 'Passion' (shadowsheathed twin-bladed lightsabre), X-30 Lancer, palm stunner, frags; Stuff: commlink, datapad, hand scanner, scramble key, survival kit, stimpacks; Ship: The Bitch, Corellian-Mandalorian hybrid light freighter; Crew: "Gunnie" Wren, co-pilot & T3-X3, maintenance droid; Companions: Virginia, battle droid

"You can have only as much liberty as you have the instinct to want and the audacity to take."
Moyr Ahaya

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:51 am

Highlight of the game?

The improv stuff that I did with Aly was a huge amount of fun. Both Galaxy Commando Seven, and the cosplay scene where it started with us writing as Ja'red Foekiller and Vera Hawke.

Biggest regret?

Well, IC would be the aforementioned assault on Section IX. OOC would be that it took me a few IC days before I figured out how to do things in this game. I feel like I started out slow, and by the time I figured it out, I was already playing catch-up, and had a hard time getting into some things.

Moment of desperation?

In the freighter assault, the Hydr... I mean, the SIS agents that kept on coming in really gave me pause. That assault was days of both planning and execution, and it really threw me how to deal with them. But I managed to get into Captain Alderaan speech mode, and it worked out!

Dirtiest in-character thought?

!?!? This isn't normally something I think of.

But, as it happens, I do have an answer in mind. Back in the cosplay contest thread, Niall did this bit:

Niall Organa wrote:Shaking his head, he went off-stage, passing by Aly. He leaned over, whispering something in her ear as he passed by.

He was saying something along the lines of "we are definitely wearing these tonight."

Any general thoughts about my character?

IC: ... what the hell was that?

OOC: I am really both impressed and amazed with how you manage to be everywhere, juggling like a billion different plots, and have an overarching goal and set of character behaviors between them.

Also, your Dark Side corruption is really darn convincing, and provides some great scenes!
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:53 am

I think the hostage situation got retconned out ^^

Ah yes. I wish I went more with the sister-killer plot. But honestly, I felt like you had enough on your plate.

And see! Just gotta trust me. Yes, there's a lot of bad stuff, but you got SIS off your back :P
Nekoinu

Postby Arsele Girard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 am

Zanebry Varliss wrote:He will even try to not sleep with your girlfriend...

Probably.

This is not something Arsele will promise.
Neutral ¤ Lounge Singer ¤ Dancer ¤ Secret Life ¤ Alderaanian Noble <> Appearance; 19 y/o, 5'4", blonde hair in braid, blue eyes, pale skin
faces of Arsele: Lounge | Socialite | Around Town | Casual
Carries: concealment holster w/ 411 holdout blaster and shortened barrel, comm, datapad, stimpack.
Backpack (usually hidden on ship): static pistol, climbing gear, lock picking tools, utility belt, extra ammo, hunting goggles, fusion lantern.
Arsele Girard

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:50 am

Rawr!!

...any opinion on the tiny Twi'lek?
Neutral * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Adorable little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Inventory: Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes)
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
(OOC note-when trying to influence Aphr with the Influence Force Power, upgrade your roll by 1 & add a setback dice)
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Nekoinu wrote:I think the hostage situation got retconned out ^^

Ah yes. I wish I went more with the sister-killer plot. But honestly, I felt like you had enough on your plate.

And see! Just gotta trust me. Yes, there's a lot of bad stuff, but you got SIS off your back :P

I needed both more faith in you, and in my Captain America style speechifying!

Arsele Girard wrote:This is not something Arsele will promise.

It's nice to know that Niall's girlfriend was so popular!

Aphr Ahaya wrote:Rawr!!

...any opinion on the tiny Twi'lek?

Ahhh!

Aphr is the game's little sister. Niall lost his little sister right before the start of the game. He definitely felt positively disposed, and somewhat protective, towards her.

He'd be pretty sad to hear that she was going to become a Sith.
Niall Organa

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:32 pm

You'll be glad to know that you won't hear she's sith...

Because she's changing her name :D
Neutral * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Adorable little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Inventory: Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes)
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
(OOC note-when trying to influence Aphr with the Influence Force Power, upgrade your roll by 1 & add a setback dice)
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Arsele Girard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Niall Organa wrote:
Arsele Girard wrote:This is not something Arsele will promise.

It's nice to know that Niall's girlfriend was so popular!

Popular my tush; You know Arsele and Aly were thick as thieves with each other.

As an aside, any thoughts on the relationship between Niall and Arsele? Not developed enough? Things that were missed?
Neutral ¤ Lounge Singer ¤ Dancer ¤ Secret Life ¤ Alderaanian Noble <> Appearance; 19 y/o, 5'4", blonde hair in braid, blue eyes, pale skin
Carries: concealment holster w/ 411 holdout blaster and shortened barrel, comm, datapad, stimpack.
Backpack (usually hidden on ship): static pistol, climbing gear, lock picking tools, utility belt, extra ammo, hunting goggles, fusion lantern.
Arsele Girard

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Captain Alderaan, we will meet again!

*maniacal laugh*

All in all, loved reading Niall's stuff. He's like the super-light side version of the Republic Trooper in SWTOR, and an overall great guy. He deserves the Captain Alderaan nickname. :D

How much does Niall hate Shai for being the source of the Captain Alderaan-moniker? :D

Had he known that the Section IX safehouse they were going to storm had people who worked for Shaisha, who he still have gone forward with the final plan?

Was there ever a possibility of Niall defecting, hypothetically speaking?

His overall impression and conclusions of the "deviless" that might make it to Republic SIS? :mrgreen:
Sith | Shien Sentinel | Pureblood | Vowrawn's Apprentice | Deviless | Scourge's Legacy | Successor To The Eternal Emperor | Data | Theme (end of game)
Ship: Saarai-kaar (Crew: Jitter, Jawa mechanic. Anthy, Section IX rookie)

Gear: Shadowsuit armor w/cloak and mask (on occassion), gloves, Chwûq (shoto lightsaber, Siqsa (lightsaber), utility belt with suprises, commlink, datapad.
Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Arsele Girard wrote:As an aside, any thoughts on the relationship between Niall and Arsele? Not developed enough? Things that were missed?

A bit more would have been fun! Arsele is a pretty neat character, after all. It was nice that she helped out with later stuff on the sister investigation; that was a good thing to show.

One thing that might not have been entirely clear is that while Niall obviously had lingering romantic feelings towards Aly, which were realized, I decided ahead of time to have him view Arsele as the older sister he never had. Partially as a contrast to the Aly thing, and so that I could have a different sort of childhood relationship to play with.
Niall Organa

Postby Arsele Girard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Cool ^~^

Which is a nice analog to how Arsele thought of Niall, partially like a little brother and partially like the awesomest sidekick ever (even if she never told him that).
Arsele Girard

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:All in all, loved reading Niall's stuff. He's like the super-light side version of the Republic Trooper in SWTOR, and an overall great guy. He deserves the Captain Alderaan nickname. :D

Awww, thanks! That's very nice of you to say. Amusingly, I didn't think of Captain America at all when I was making the character, but he is my favorite superhero. And I can see certain similarities. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something there.

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:How much does Niall hate Shai for being the source of the Captain Alderaan-moniker? :D

Niall has perhaps of necessity chosen to be amused by the nickname. As such, he has to be amused by Shaisha coming up with it. So... he hate/likes her, in a funny way, I guess?

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:Had he known that the Section IX safehouse they were going to storm had people who worked for Shaisha, who he still have gone forward with the final plan?

There was some OOC wackiness along with that. Just operating off of the first piece of information, it was pretty sketchy. I think knowing they worked for Shaisha would have pushed it into "needs more review", and it would have died from there.

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:Was there ever a possibility of Niall defecting, hypothetically speaking?

Defecting, I can't imagine anything. He recognizes flaws in the Republic, but he's committed to fixing them, and he firmly believes in the ideal version of the Republic.

On the other hand, he'd be willing to act against Republic interests if he thought they were against Republic ideals, and he'd be willing to (and did!) work with good Imperials to do that.

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:His overall impression and conclusions of the "deviless" that might make it to Republic SIS? :mrgreen:

Niall really wants to like and trust Shaisha. She's helped him twice, and asked him for help once; the latter also being a great method for building trust. But he also suspects ulterior motives, especially once he learned that she's in intelligence. He'd probably tell SIS that she might try to suborn people, and that's without him knowing that she banged Cole!

But... despite that suspicion, he trusts her enough that he's willing to take a few chances on her. He's careful, but he is pretty willing to extend trust.

Arsele Girard wrote:Which is a nice analog to how Arsele thought of Niall, partially like a little brother and partially like the awesomest sidekick ever (even if she never told him that).

Sidekick?!?!

I am entertained. And yeah, when they were young, definitely accurate.
Niall Organa

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Ah, yes; did you think of Captain Alderaan being even a thing before the game started?
Nekoinu

Postby Arsele Girard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Niall Organa wrote:
Arsele Girard wrote:Which is a nice analog to how Arsele thought of Niall, partially like a little brother and partially like the awesomest sidekick ever (even if she never told him that).

Sidekick?!?!

I am entertained. And yeah, when they were young, definitely accurate.

You're saying Arsele's world view is no longer accurate? :lol:
Arsele Girard

Postby Alysele Cortess » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Galactic commando is love!

I think most stuff we hashed out during chats. Ni was great fun!
Republic Jedi * Force Sensitive * Arrogant Duelist * Ambitious Noble
Carries: lightsaber (blue), white robes, stimpack
Alysele Cortess

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:48 pm

I'm rather glad that Captain Alderaan joined the Hutt Ball team. It seemed like we were going to be bros. Though sadly never really had any threads with Niall after our initial meeting.

What did Niall think about Remmy? Hutt Ball? Is he coming back next game?

I rather enjoyed the Galaxy Commando thread. What was your favourite threads or characters?
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Nekoinu wrote:Ah, yes; did you think of Captain Alderaan being even a thing before the game started?

Nope! But when Yslane posted something about Niall, and linked to Star Spangled Man, I loved it. It didn't really change my direction for him, but it probably influenced some of his dialogue. Especially his speeches. I had a lot of fun writing those.

Niall had three influences, sorta:
1) Princess Leia
2) Emperor Gregor from Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan novels. More people should read these! A lot of my characters are influenced by her
3) "What would a non-Force Sensitive Jedi look like?"

Arsele Girard wrote:You're saying Arsele's world view is no longer accurate? :lol:

Like Nightwing, Niall now has his own series.

Alysele Cortess wrote:Galactic commando is love!

I think most stuff we hashed out during chats. Ni was great fun!

Yeah it is!

And we did, but I'll say that my scenes with Aly were probably my favorite, and they let me explore a whole different side of Niall. And she was terrific to read!

Remmington Thalalas wrote:I'm rather glad that Captain Alderaan joined the Hutt Ball team. It seemed like we were going to be bros. Though sadly never really had any threads with Niall after our initial meeting.

What did Niall think about Remmy? Hutt Ball? Is he coming back next game?

I rather enjoyed the Galaxy Commando thread. What was your favourite threads or characters?

Yeah! I think we had both IC and OOC scheduling issues. Like, both our characters and us were free when the other was busy. Bad luck!

Niall trusted Shai, but he held back a little. Remmy... might be the only Sith he trusts enough to meet at a shady bar somewhere. And he's pretty security conscious, so that's saying something.

I would say very high odds of Niall returning. I think there's more that he can do.

Favorite thread was definitely Galaxy Commando. Again, big credit to Aly, there.

I had a great series of thread D0. There was meeting Aly again. There was meeting a superior officer. And there was talking with Thera about his sister. It let me hit the ground running as far as characterization.

Although it was a bit stressful, I had fun playing team leader in various threads. Errr, hopefully none of my teammates disagree with that being what I did. And hopefully they don't mind me hogging the spotlight a bit. Still, the freighter assault and the comms team were both fun.

Favorite characters... some were obvious, like Aly. Garrick Lorne. Some were probably less obvious, like HX and Layne. Hala. Cole. Z. Lots of great characters!
Niall Organa

Postby Vec Gunnar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:15 am

I definitely wouldn't have minded more scenes with Captain Alderaan during the game. I guess I really should have nudged you for more scenes.
Imperial | Human | Military | Trooper | Sergeant | OT-422
Carries on Duty: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle, Combat Knife, Grenades, Laminate Armour, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Stimpack x2, and likely even more.

Description
Vec Gunnar

Next

Return to Q & A Forum