Big Red One 2 (Jo'ren Rath Q&A)

Everything you wanted to know and then some.

Big Red One 2 (Jo'ren Rath Q&A)

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 am

The Dark Hero says: ask away. I'm sith so I might lie but if you have a burning question feel free :)
Force Sensitive | True Sith | Athletic | Tough | Shii-Cho | Niman | Vengean's apprentice | Action Hero
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Wears or carries: Red double-bladed lightsaber, red standard lightsaber, comlink, utility belt and backpack with stuff, Sith Holocron, Heavy clothing or Sith armour with impressive cloak.
Ship: The Terror Star (light freighter). Crew: XL-R8 (pilot), T0-1L (co-piloting/engineer). Passenger: 2V-R6 (Astrogation/Protocol)
Jo'ren Rath

Re: Big Red One 2 (Jo'ren Rath Q&A)

Postby Moyr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:16 am

We had quite a bit of threads (Team Yulo Muscle Flex!) together but they were mostly RP-lite and plot-related, so I didn't have enough of Jo'ren in my life this time around. A sad thing really. I have some questions though!

Basic:

Highlight of the game?

Biggest regret?

Moment of desperation?

Dirtiest in-character thought?

Extended!

Was our working relationship what you more or less expected, or did it take unpredictable turns for you?

Has Moyr changed in Jo'ren's perspective since Korriban, if so in what way?

Did I manage to make any lasting contribution to your story?

Some key turning points in your story?

What did you like about how I handled Moyr this time? Some advice where I should/could go with her in the future, what's better left behind?
Sith | Lethan Twi'lek | Former Smuggler | Shadow | Radical | Subversive | Honorary Fett | Profile

Wear: casual, concealing, jungle, or Mandalorian!; Weapon: 'Passion' (shadowsheathed twin-bladed lightsabre), X-30 Lancer, palm stunner, frags; Stuff: commlink, datapad, hand scanner, scramble key, survival kit, stimpacks; Ship: The Bitch, Corellian-Mandalorian hybrid light freighter; Crew: "Gunnie" Wren, co-pilot & T3-X3, maintenance droid; Companions: Virginia, battle droid

"You can have only as much liberty as you have the instinct to want and the audacity to take."
Moyr Ahaya

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:51 am

Jo'ren ranks up in my top 3 favourite PC's of this game. I loved him <3

Opinion of the tiny Twi'lek?

Which sister is the better sister in your eyes? :P
Neutral * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Adorable little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Inventory: Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes)
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
(OOC note-when trying to influence Aphr with the Influence Force Power, upgrade your roll by 1 & add a setback dice)
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Moyr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:55 am

*considers a bribe*

Oh well. Let it be her. ;)
Sith | Lethan Twi'lek | Former Smuggler | Shadow | Radical | Subversive | Honorary Fett | Profile

Wear: casual, concealing, jungle, or Mandalorian!; Weapon: 'Passion' (shadowsheathed twin-bladed lightsabre), X-30 Lancer, palm stunner, frags; Stuff: commlink, datapad, hand scanner, scramble key, survival kit, stimpacks; Ship: The Bitch, Corellian-Mandalorian hybrid light freighter; Crew: "Gunnie" Wren, co-pilot & T3-X3, maintenance droid; Companions: Virginia, battle droid

"You can have only as much liberty as you have the instinct to want and the audacity to take."
Moyr Ahaya

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Moyr! We didn't have our breakfast thread that we had planned even before game start, boo :( All our threads had fun moments, it's a shame the teamwork threads got slowed down by RL and plot timings (or waiting to see if someone was going to survive a combat). So it goes.

Highlight of the game? - Revan's Secret thread leading to an FTB with Thy Yulani

Biggest regret? - All the characters I didn't get to RP with.

Moment of desperation? - Shade using a disruptor on Shaisha

Dirtiest in-character thought? - I thought Jo'ren and Shaisha should have an FTB in the Jedi exile's sanctum to give the force ghost an eyeful ;)

Extended Q's

Was our working relationship what you more or less expected, or did it take unpredictable turns for you? - Pretty much, he was expecting the unexpected (Hidden Sith Temple seemed like it would be a non-linear adventure). I wish we had started gambling earlier, that was a fun thread :)

Has Moyr changed in Jo'ren's perspective since Korriban, if so in what way?
- Now that we've worked together he's more to doing so (we always planned to at Korriban but it didn't really happen). She seems willing to do whatever is needed to take down Zash. That's a big deal for Jo'ren, he hates the witch. Good job he doesn't know you were behind the end of game bombings though.

Did I manage to make any lasting contribution to your story?
- Yes indeed. He sees you as an ally against Zash, and your involvement with Jug'tih will make him more cautious around her (no gifts are free, that sort of thing). I enjoyed roaming around on Nal Hutta with Moyr and hope all have further adventures in the next game we can both play in!

Some key turning points in your story?
- The Kaggath. Turning the tide and then having the dice fail me in the final battle made for some awesome RP later. It also drove me to throw Jo'ren at some other combats, which led to the epic rescue of Evangeline Uther.
- Thy Yulani. Earlier in the game Kalen commented that we clearly had a thing for each other. With our FTB and Jo'ren realising he really does have feelings for her rather changes his perspective on the while pure Pureblood thing. Not that he'd admit it in public.
- Huttball. I enjoyed everything about the Huttball. It gave me the opportunity to RP with a bunch of characters that I wouldn't have otherwise and develop a series of stories with them. I'm really happy with that.

What did you like about how I handled Moyr this time? Some advice where I should/could go with her in the future, what's better left behind?
- I thought Moyr was really in her element this game. Nar Shaddaa is a perfect setting for showing off her skills. I think she needs to accept that Jadus will return when he wants to return. I like her plot with Jug'tih so I hope she will continue to follow that up and hopefully it will lead to Zash meeting a timely end.
Last edited by Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Force Sensitive | True Sith | Athletic | Tough | Shii-Cho | Niman | Vengean's apprentice | Action Hero
Wears or carries: Red double-bladed lightsaber, red standard lightsaber, comlink, utility belt and backpack with stuff, Sith Holocron, Heavy clothing or Sith armour with impressive cloak.
Ship: The Terror Star (light freighter). Crew: XL-R8 (pilot), T0-1L (co-piloting/engineer). Passenger: 2V-R6 (Astrogation/Protocol)
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Aphr Ahaya wrote:Jo'ren ranks up in my top 3 favourite PC's of this game. I loved him <3

Opinion of the tiny Twi'lek?

Which sister is the better sister in your eyes? :P

Aww, thanks Aphr :)

The tiny Twilek had some really great scenes and was very fun to read, especially her threads with Zhorrid. Jo'ren liked her and I loved the reveal that she was Moyr's sister. I hope she'll join the Sith so we can develop our friendship in future games!

Which sister is the better sister? Um. Ah. The mysterious third sister we're going to meet next game? ;)
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Jo'ren Rath wrote:Dirtiest in-character thought? - I thought Jo'ren and Shaisha should have an FTB in the Jedi exile's sanctum to give the force ghost an eyeful ;)

The scene was never finished, so it's possible that it might've happened? :mrgreen:

All in all, Jo'ren is great fun. Love his "own path"-style, and it's one Shaisha respects very much... and believe it or not, been a factor in her own decision-making too.

What will be his plans going forward?

Gonna be the biggest action hero in the Empire, or is he looking for someone to start a new generation of Raths with? :lol:

If the tables were turned, would it be possible for Thy to tempt Jo'ren to the Light/Jedi?
Sith | Shien Sentinel | Pureblood | Vowrawn's Apprentice | Deviless | Scourge's Legacy | Successor To The Eternal Emperor | Data | Theme (end of game)
Ship: Saarai-kaar (Crew: Jitter, Jawa mechanic. Anthy, Section IX rookie)

Gear: Shadowsuit armor w/cloak and mask (on occassion), gloves, Chwûq (shoto lightsaber, Siqsa (lightsaber), utility belt with suprises, commlink, datapad.
Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Is there a reality where Jo'ren would have had the foursome :3?
Assistant GM | Yandere | Duchess of Yuri | Corgi-chan?
Nekoinu

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm glad that Jo'ren got on board with the Hutt Ball and am glad that you rather enjoyed it yourself.

Thoughts on Remmy? It seems like our characters bro'd it up a lot in this game. Looking forward to more of that next game. Wished we went out on more adventures. I'm a bit sad that I missed out helping with the assassin thing.
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Alysele Cortess » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Jester!

Besides that, thanks for teaming up For Azranak.

Btw, time zones suck :P

Any thoughts on Aly?
Republic Jedi * Force Sensitive * Arrogant Duelist * Ambitious Noble
Carries: lightsaber (blue), white robes, stimpack
Alysele Cortess

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Durasay and Jo'ren have had a few interactions. Seeing Jo'ren in action with a lightsaber was part of Dur's logic un wanting a lightsaber.

What did the big red guy think of the other blue guy?
Pantoran Peacekeeper | Neutral | Former Captain with Pantoran Defense Forces | Air of Command |
"Ah... the Negotiator..." | Theme

Equipped with: Smuggler's Trenchcoat (1/1 defense), Heavy Blaster Pistol (holstered to right thigh), Utility Belt, Vibrosword (+1 melee defense), Commlink, Datapad, Other items
Durasay Mixo

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:All in all, Jo'ren is great fun. Love his "own path"-style, and it's one Shaisha respects very much... and believe it or not, been a factor in her own decision-making too.

What will be his plans going forward?

Gonna be the biggest action hero in the Empire, or is he looking for someone to start a new generation of Raths with? :lol:

If the tables were turned, would it be possible for Thy to tempt Jo'ren to the Light/Jedi?

I really enjoy the relationship between Shaisha and Jo'ren and look forward to seeing where it eventually leads :)

His plans are to build up the Massassi as his Powerbase and to experiment further with the Star Forge, although the latter is more of a long term thing than a specific goal. He'll continue to be the Dark Hero the galaxy needs :P

I don't see Jo'ren as ever being tempted by the Jedi. They are too restrictive and he resents what they did to his ancestor. You never know, RP can change things, but no danger of it just yet.
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Nekoinu wrote:Is there a reality where Jo'ren would have had the foursome :3?

Sure, for an alternate reality with a less Jo'ren Jo'ren ;) That was a fun encounter, thanks for running it!
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Remmington Thalalas wrote:I'm glad that Jo'ren got on board with the Hutt Ball and am glad that you rather enjoyed it yourself.

Thoughts on Remmy? It seems like our characters bro'd it up a lot in this game. Looking forward to more of that next game. Wished we went out on more adventures. I'm a bit sad that I missed out helping with the assassin thing.

Yeah Huttball was one of the highlights for me, so I'm glad we decided to go for it and set up a team :)

We did get a bunch of things done together, which was cool. I'd thought we might to do more last game so it was good to do some fun threads this time around. The killbots scene with Layne was particularly fun. The ending of the assassin plot came together pretty quickly, so there wasn't really time, but it all worked out in the end. I was glad we got our bounty, that was another fun outing :)
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Alysele Cortess wrote:Jester!

Besides that, thanks for teaming up For Azranak.

Btw, time zones suck :P

Any thoughts on Aly?

Princess!

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Azanak stuff (thanks to Moyr for suggesting it). It led to some great threads and character development. And timezones really do suck :D

Thoughts on Aly: saved your life so you owe me ;) Second Jedi I've saved... She's fun, the prissy Jedi touring with darkness and overcoming it. I hope that you enjoyed her overall and consider bringing her back at some point.
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Durasay Mixo wrote:Durasay and Jo'ren have had a few interactions. Seeing Jo'ren in action with a lightsaber was part of Dur's logic un wanting a lightsaber.

Initially he didn't like Durasay because he seemed so stuck up, plus trying to his Jo'ren around isn't a good approach. :P The big blue guy proved his usefulness though, and sorting up to play Huttball was a big plus in Jo'ren's mind.

In the end he'll be happy to work with Durasay again, and discovering we have certain mutual friends makes future interactions even more interesting.

Are you planning to find a master then, so you can learn a Lightsaber style? If so, which one?
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Jo'ren Rath wrote:
Durasay Mixo wrote:Durasay and Jo'ren have had a few interactions. Seeing Jo'ren in action with a lightsaber was part of Dur's logic un wanting a lightsaber.

Initially he didn't like Durasay because he seemed so stuck up, plus trying to his Jo'ren around isn't a good approach. :P The big blue guy proved his usefulness though, and sorting up to play Huttball was a big plus in Jo'ren's mind.

In the end he'll be happy to work with Durasay again, and discovering we have certain mutual friends makes future interactions even more interesting.

Are you planning to find a master then, so you can learn a Lightsaber style? If so, which one?

Mechanically speaking, he'd be boss at Makashi. But I think he'd go Shien or Soresu. Especially for the synergies on Soresu with the fact that he's not really a fighter, but does things that boost others in combat.

But I have a feeling he'll end up more space wizard
Pantoran Peacekeeper | Neutral | Former Captain with Pantoran Defense Forces | Air of Command |
"Ah... the Negotiator..." | Theme

Equipped with: Smuggler's Trenchcoat (1/1 defense), Heavy Blaster Pistol (holstered to right thigh), Utility Belt, Vibrosword (+1 melee defense), Commlink, Datapad, Other items
Durasay Mixo

Postby Vec Gunnar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:28 am

Thank you for the invites and alas, we didn't get a chance to spend time outside of events and operations. Jo'ren seemed like a guy Vec would get along with, from the impression I got from his character.
Imperial | Human | Military | Trooper | Sergeant | OT-422
Carries on Duty: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle, Combat Knife, Grenades, Laminate Armour, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Stimpack x2, and likely even more.

Description
Vec Gunnar

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:16 am

Yeah, I'm rather glad I got to hang out with Jo'ren more this game. So since we have a 2 year+ time skip till war breaks out. Your thoughts about our characters teaming up again to form a Sithball team and get a league going in the Empire?

I totally should have thought of making that a goal sooner. >.>
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:24 am

Would of been fun to do more violence with Jo'ren...

Being fellow action stars and all.
Neutral * Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Gambler * Fast Hands

Gear: Evea'lin (slug thrower), Audh'reh (blaster pistol, hidden), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat, Jacket, Gloves, Armored clothes. Umbrella

Ship: Three Drinks Description Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Return to Q & A Forum