The Best Jedi [Layne Hoshin Q&A]

Everything you wanted to know and then some.

The Best Jedi [Layne Hoshin Q&A]

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:31 am

How did this forum fill up so fast?

Ask and I will answer.
Former Sith | Human | Elevated Slave | Little Wrath | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod
"So... Wrath of the Emperor eh? What's that about?"

Description
Layne Hoshin

Re: The Best Jedi [Layne Hoshin Q&A]

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:56 am

Will we see Layne Jedi'ing it up in the future?

We didn't get much chance to talk, but Layne was great.
Petty Officer | Navy Surgeon | Republic | Forever Alone | Profile

OUTFIT: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Backpack, Utility Belt.
GEAR: Standard Medpac, Respirator, Datapad, Fusion Lantern, Flask.
Accompanied by Pt. Pir Yongo, Republic Soldier from Dantooine, when in the Red Light District.
LANGUAGES: Huttese.

Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, I get to roll my dice, ain't it nice?
Cole Ormont

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:55 am

Yes, Layne will probably be returning as a Jedi next game. Still debating whether I want to blow a goal on becoming an actual knight, or whether I'll stay a grumpy padawan.
Former Sith | Human | Elevated Slave | Little Wrath | Intimidating | Bold | Fearsome | Shii-Cho | Supposedly dead
equipment: Armored robes, Utility Belt, Stimpacks, Lightsaber(Darksaber), Lightsaber(Shoto), Communicator, Ancient Sword hilt, Glowrod

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:03 am

It will now be Cole's mission to adopt you as the annoying little sister he never had :twisted:
Petty Officer | Navy Surgeon | Republic | Forever Alone | Profile

OUTFIT: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Backpack, Utility Belt.
GEAR: Standard Medpac, Respirator, Datapad, Fusion Lantern, Flask.
Accompanied by Pt. Pir Yongo, Republic Soldier from Dantooine, when in the Red Light District.
LANGUAGES: Huttese.

Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, I get to roll my dice, ain't it nice?
Cole Ormont

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Interesting turn for Layne's character. What does she think about the whole situation?

Thoughts on her bestest pal? :lol:
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Much love for Layne! Great plot twist there being tagged as Magpie by Baras. I'm looking forward to seeing her as a Jedi :P

What were your favorite threads this game, one with and one without Layne?
Force Sensitive | True Sith | Athletic | Tough | Shii-Cho | Niman | Vengean's apprentice | Action Hero
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Wears or carries: Red double-bladed lightsaber, red standard lightsaber, comlink, utility belt and backpack with stuff, Sith Holocron, Heavy clothing or Sith armour with impressive cloak.
Ship: The Terror Star (light freighter). Crew: XL-R8 (pilot), T0-1L (co-piloting/engineer). Passenger: 2V-R6 (Astrogation/Protocol)
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:08 pm

*offers layne a cigarette*

I should of tried to find a excuse to talk to layne again.
Neutral * Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Gambler * Fast Hands

Gear: Evea'lin (slug thrower), Audh'reh (blaster pistol, hidden), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat, Jacket, Gloves, Armored clothes. Umbrella

Ship: Three Drinks Description Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Remmington Thalalas wrote:Interesting turn for Layne's character. What does she think about the whole situation?

At first she was like; "Yesss... finally away from these crazy sith!"; but now she's like, "fuck. so many rules. and my new master is kind of... bleh!"

Thoughts on her bestest pal? :lol:[/quote]

Layne has no bestest pal.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Alysele Cortess » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Is she changing her name?

Study under Lorne!
Republic Jedi * Force Sensitive * Arrogant Duelist * Ambitious Noble
Carries: lightsaber (blue), white robes, stimpack
Alysele Cortess

Postby Balos Tyl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Duty is everything.
Republic | Mirialan | Jedi Knight | Hot Head | Pilot

Played by Dapper Dog
Balos Tyl

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Jo'ren Rath wrote:Much love for Layne! Great plot twist there being tagged as Magpie by Baras. I'm looking forward to seeing her as a Jedi :P

What were your favorite threads this game, one with and one without Layne?

Tough one. I liked getting to meet the Voice and then lying to her; but there were a lot of cool things happening. As for other threads, I enjoy the ones with plot twists like "oh, Asra is a double-agent." or "Cole murders patients".

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:14 pm

Alysele Cortess wrote:Is she changing her name?

Study under Lorne!

Probably not. That would be fairly pointless anyhow, she'd feel.

I would like to study under Lorne. But I have the green guy instead. It'll be weird having a master who by the looks of it I could easily take in a fight.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:14 pm

*offers to tell Balos all the dirty secrets on Layne* :D

Nah, just kidding. ;) Though Shai will pity Balos if she ever hears that he ended up as Layne's mentor.

So will Layne be taking the lessons of the Jedi to heart, or is she going to try and coast along on her alpha-dog posturing this time too? ;)
Sith | Shien Sentinel | Pureblood | Vowrawn's Apprentice | Deviless | Scourge's Legacy | Successor To The Eternal Emperor | Data | Theme (end of game)
Ship: Saarai-kaar (Crew: Jitter, Jawa mechanic. Anthy, Section IX rookie)

Gear: Shadowsuit armor w/cloak and mask (on occassion), gloves, Chwûq (shoto lightsaber, Siqsa (lightsaber), utility belt with suprises, commlink, datapad.
Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Layne Hoshin wrote:

Study under Lorne!

I would like to study under Lorne. But I have the green guy instead. It'll be weird having a master who by the looks of it I could easily take in a fight.

Jedi don't kill their masters so... not an issue?
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Alysele Cortess » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Balos? Sounds fun!

I did enjoy Aly and Layne interactig as two irritating individuals :-)
Republic Jedi * Force Sensitive * Arrogant Duelist * Ambitious Noble
Carries: lightsaber (blue), white robes, stimpack
Alysele Cortess

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:27 pm

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:*offers to tell Balos all the dirty secrets on Layne* :D

Nah, just kidding. ;) Though Shai will pity Balos if she ever hears that he ended up as Layne's mentor.

So will Layne be taking the lessons of the Jedi to heart, or is she going to try and coast along on her alpha-dog posturing this time too? ;)

I'm not 100%. At first I was like, she should be a full knight by next game, but apparently Obi-Wan was 25 when he stopped being a padawan, so being a Padawan at 19, especially for a Sith who needs "deprogramming" for a few years, seems perfectly feasible.

I don't think she'll be fully alpha-dog posturing next game though, regardless of whether she'll be a knight or padawan. But there'll probably some vestiges left.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Dapper Dog wrote:
Layne Hoshin wrote:

Study under Lorne!

Jedi don't kill their masters so... not an issue?

How can Layne respect a master who'se weaker than her!

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:35 pm

Balos is not skipping leg day during the break then.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:31 pm

So... I don't generally do the "what did your character think of mine". But in this case, I'm actually curious. What did Layne think about Niall?

Who does Layne like? Or hate the least?
Republic Military Officer * Alderaanian Noble * Diplomat * Profile * Theme
Carries: Officer's Blaster Pistol, 4 stimpacks. Grenade when appropriate
Niall Organa

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Layne thinks of Niall as one of those naive do-gooders that seem to belong in comic books :?

She enjoyed poking him.

As for who she likes; hard to say. It's more like there's people she "doesn't hate". Although she's warming up to some of them. People like Kristal, Jo'ren, and Baesal are in the 'Okay by Layne' book, but kind of have been since Korriban anyhow. Sylvain went from "Raging hate" to "Not so bad" to "In the okay camp" back to "Oh god why did I listen to you."

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Moyr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Now you've made me curious where Moyr is on Laynelist. :lol:

Also, tradition!

Highlight of the game?

Biggest regret?

Moment of desperation?

Dirtiest in-character thought?
Sith | Lethan Twi'lek | Former Smuggler | Shadow | Radical | Subversive | Honorary Fett | Profile

Wear: casual, concealing, jungle, or Mandalorian!; Weapon: 'Passion' (shadowsheathed twin-bladed lightsabre), X-30 Lancer, palm stunner, frags; Stuff: commlink, datapad, hand scanner, scramble key, survival kit, stimpacks; Ship: The Bitch, Corellian-Mandalorian hybrid light freighter; Crew: "Gunnie" Wren, co-pilot & T3-X3, maintenance droid; Companions: Virginia, battle droid

"You can have only as much liberty as you have the instinct to want and the audacity to take."
Moyr Ahaya

Postby Layne Hoshin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Moyr Ahaya wrote:Now you've made me curious where Moyr is on Laynelist. :lol:

Well we didn't really interact on NS I think.

Highlight of the game?

Hmmm. I did kind of got asked about this earlier, but I'm gonna give a difference answer here...

...I loved getting to interrupt Xevious' breakfast and talk down to him.

Biggest regret?

I regret everything.

Mostly not pursuing more plotstuff related to the Jaw of Oblivion (since they were the ones that originally enslaved Layne)

Moment of desperation?

A retconned Crit result that would've made me permanently blind, followed by having a Crit result that would have given me a permanent -1 Willpower followed by a reroll of that Crit result that resulted in "Layne dies at the end of the encounter."

Dirtiest in-character thought?

Layne doesn't understand the question.

Description
Layne Hoshin

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:23 am

I must have missed how Layne got a new master. Also who the new master is.

Thoughts on Remmy then? :lol:
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Return to Q & A Forum