Dapper Things

Everything you wanted to know and then some.

Dapper Things

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:14 am

Questions, comments, and concerns; I realize that there were concerns my biggest comment is thanks for your patience and that players should not compare themselves to others as far as who got what or who "won" the game. It's normal I suppose but it does make it challenging since in the end not every story demands the same elements.

Anyway fun was had.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: Dapper Things

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:45 am

Oh and full disclosure I was on the road for work for the last three weeks or so of the game maybe four, so most of my weekly posting was from my phone when I had time at a cafe for lunch or in my hotel room after work.

It made me have to cut some corners. There were plots I had to cut with the limited posting time. It was not planned just came up so I did the best I could.
Dapper Dog

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 am

We appreciate your going above and beyond like that. Thank you for an enjoyable game.
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Sylvain Torsin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 am

Thank you for all you did during the game. :)

Is there a scheduled general date for the next game in mind yet?
Sith Empire | Human | Imperial Noble | Negotiator | Hero's Son | Baras' Apprentice
Carries/Wears: 'Cool' Mask, Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak (Low Friction Coating, Enhanced Optics (Vigilance Mod), Energy Dispersion), Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), 5x Stimpacks, 3x Stun and 2x Frag Grenades, Utility Belt, Holopad
"The first method for estimating the intelligence of a leader is to look at the people he has around him." -Sylvain Torsin
Description
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Moyr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:52 am

Constructive comment: <3
Sith | Lethan Twi'lek | Former Smuggler | Shadow | Radical | Subversive | Honorary Fett | Profile

Wear: casual, concealing, jungle, or Mandalorian!; Weapon: 'Passion' (shadowsheathed twin-bladed lightsabre), X-30 Lancer, palm stunner, frags; Stuff: commlink, datapad, hand scanner, scramble key, survival kit, stimpacks; Ship: The Bitch, Corellian-Mandalorian hybrid light freighter; Crew: "Gunnie" Wren, co-pilot & T3-X3, maintenance droid; Companions: Virginia, battle droid

"You can have only as much liberty as you have the instinct to want and the audacity to take."
Moyr Ahaya

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:54 am

Haha not yet still have a few more things to do for this one. Guessing summer like this one.

My main goal was for a darker chapter.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:01 am

You want it darker?

(Sylvain's theme this game) :lol:

You were successful with Sylvain in creating a dark chapter and I'm happy with the potential for my character going forward. :)
Sith Empire | Human | Imperial Noble | Negotiator | Hero's Son | Baras' Apprentice
Carries/Wears: 'Cool' Mask, Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak (Low Friction Coating, Enhanced Optics (Vigilance Mod), Energy Dispersion), Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), 5x Stimpacks, 3x Stun and 2x Frag Grenades, Utility Belt, Holopad
"The first method for estimating the intelligence of a leader is to look at the people he has around him." -Sylvain Torsin
Description
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Thank you for yet another fun run in the galaxy! I hope there will be a chance for the Imperials to return in the future after the next game! :D

Did you plan for Valkorion to make an apperance and offer to Shaisha from early on, or was it a "spur of the moment" idea?

What PC moment surprised you the most?

Which NPC did you enjoy the most? And which Sith master is your favourite? :D

Any parts of the stories you would have done differently if there was more time or because it didn't turn out how you liked it?
Sith | Shien Sentinel | Pureblood | Vowrawn's Apprentice | Deviless | Scourge's Legacy | Successor To The Eternal Emperor | Data | Theme (end of game)
Ship: Saarai-kaar (Crew: Jitter, Jawa mechanic. Anthy, Section IX rookie)

Gear: Shadowsuit armor w/cloak and mask (on occassion), gloves, Chwûq (shoto lightsaber, Siqsa (lightsaber), utility belt with suprises, commlink, datapad.
Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:23 pm

I had been debating adding Valkorian but I saw a great opportunity after the Vain reveal. So I went fo ir and twisted it for my setting.

Rumun during the Baras fight and just how much trouble tge acklay gave people.

I like the Sith Masters, Vowrawn is most fun and Baras the most demanding. I could have used more Zash. I liked Resmi, Zhorrid, Jin, Bur... oh Vain was fun.

On my phone so I'll answer the last bit in more detail later.
Dapper Dog

Postby Col. Hala Moraal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:31 pm

What did you invest time in that players didn't engage with?

What did players really spend a lot of time doing of your's that you didn't expect?

I know you were experimenting with mechanics:
What was something you tried that worked? How would you expand on it?
What was something you tried that didn't? And what might you do to improve it?

I also have some more thoughts here.
Imperial * Human * Military * Intelligence * Credentialed Diplomatic Attache
Dress uniform, assortment of ribbons and medals, code cylinders, comm link, data pad, species database, holdout blaster
description
Col. Hala Moraal

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Thanks once again for all the work you put into this game!

Since I put a bunch of time into it but didn't finish it. Just wondering what the deal was with Czerka and the missing employee.
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Still ongoing but the Republic... but short version rakghouls.
Dapper Dog

Postby Alysele Cortess » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Thanks for gming!

Will prolly add some more thoughts early next week.
Republic Jedi * Force Sensitive * Arrogant Duelist * Ambitious Noble
Carries: lightsaber (blue), white robes, stimpack
Alysele Cortess

Postby Kristal Serasai » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks for another interesting foray into the Star Wars Universe!

With that aside, two questions.

What are your thoughts on Kristal Serasai as a character in the setting? Things that interest you, any thoughts about how the character interacts?

Are there any types of PC's you were hoping to see that didn't show up?
Force Sensitive | Human | Imperial Noble | Champion of Marr | Disciplined | Jedi Killer | "Traitor's" Daughter
On Person: Armored Robes, Comlink, Combat Knife, Lightsaber

"Cowardice is beneath me."

Datafile
Kristal Serasai

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:17 pm

I had fun.

*salutes*

Thanks for running it.
Neutral * Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Gambler * Fast Hands

Gear: Evea'lin (slug thrower), Audh'reh (blaster pistol, hidden), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat, Jacket, Gloves, Armored clothes. Umbrella

Ship: Three Drinks Description Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Galen Sol » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Out of curiosity, how powerful has Ti'yana become? Will she remain a contact for Galen or is he expected to keep his distance?
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Galen Sol wrote:Out of curiosity, how powerful has Ti'yana become? Will she remain a contact for Galen or is he expected to keep his distance?

She's a major Crime Boss in the Exchange from slave to Crime Boss.
Dapper Dog

Postby Moyr Ahaya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:45 pm

I salute her. A Twi'lek who broke her chains.
Sith | Lethan Twi'lek | Former Smuggler | Shadow | Radical | Subversive | Honorary Fett | Profile

Wear: casual, concealing, jungle, or Mandalorian!; Weapon: 'Passion' (shadowsheathed twin-bladed lightsabre), X-30 Lancer, palm stunner, frags; Stuff: commlink, datapad, hand scanner, scramble key, survival kit, stimpacks; Ship: The Bitch, Corellian-Mandalorian hybrid light freighter; Crew: "Gunnie" Wren, co-pilot & T3-X3, maintenance droid; Companions: Virginia, battle droid

"You can have only as much liberty as you have the instinct to want and the audacity to take."
Moyr Ahaya

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:Any parts of the stories you would have done differently if there was more time or because it didn't turn out how you liked it?

I wish I would have had more time, I wanted to do more spy stuff more non-force things for sure and I am glad Neko was able to bring more of that to the table. Something for next game for sure. I wanted to have more Mandalorian stuff but with traveling I had a lot on my plate to keep things moving. I wanted to have a scene with Satele and Thy, as they are friends and know each other. I am glad I had a chance to show Darth Xevious as a caring father.

I wanted the Czerka plot to play out much earlier in the game but... I wanted the Pirate Queen plot to be more substantial but that got sidelined by trying to balance the bipartisanship and then other stuff took precedence. The Azanak plot was a surprising amount of mileage for what was really a one off scene where I wanted to have murders and turned into a major subplot for many characters. I was glad to attach Lana Beniko to that she needed something to do.

I wish I had done more with Agent Wren and Cipher-3; Wren will come back for next game though along with Balos for sure. I am not sure on anyone else for next game probably more non-force users as supporting cast.
Kristal Serasai wrote:Thanks for another interesting foray into the Star Wars Universe!

With that aside, two questions.

What are your thoughts on Kristal Serasai as a character in the setting? Things that interest you, any thoughts about how the character interacts?

Are there any types of PC's you were hoping to see that didn't show up?

Kristal is always fun and I am soery she suffered but I really love the mom-daughter dynamic it's a highlight and I wanted to show that her mother may not approve of her decisions she trusts her daughter completely. I wanted her mother to feel dangerous but also still a mother struggling with a very difficulty situation, Kristal out ranks her socially but she is still her mother.

Arlena is disillusioned by the Empire and reverting to what makes sense for her, being a soldier. I wanted to contrast her with Shaisha's father who is so detached and Raven who is... so far down the dark side that she see has become the very man she hates in many ways.

I liked Bur and that was another highlight. I really wish I had done more with the Captain but I do enjoy her crew.
Col. Hala Moraal wrote:What did you invest time in that players didn't engage with?

What did players really spend a lot of time doing of your's that you didn't expect?

I know you were experimenting with mechanics:
What was something you tried that worked? How would you expand on it?
What was something you tried that didn't? And what might you do to improve it?

Oh there is always something, I had lots of non-force plots that I tried to seed the game with but some either did not take or the players dropped or the plots moved much too slowly. My fault, slow posting... it happens. Players loved Huttball so there is that and Azanak and the Acklay being real tough was great... the lake on Nal Hutta being the spot was also not expected but everyone wants to find Force thingies.

Bounties worked kind of... and well I think the amount of threads where people just made them to make money kind of got crazy lots of one off posts but eh... next game won't have side jobs, it will be a war story.
Dapper Dog

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Dapper Dog wrote:
Arlena is disillusioned by the Empire and reverting to what makes sense for her, being a soldier. I wanted to contrast her with Shaisha's father who is so detached and Raven who is... so far down the dark side that she see has become the very man she hates in many ways.

But, but... :cry: I have the family photo and everything!

WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME, DADDY!?!?

*storms off like a dramatic teenager*
Sith | Shien Sentinel | Pureblood | Vowrawn's Apprentice | Deviless | Scourge's Legacy | Successor To The Eternal Emperor | Data | Theme (end of game)
Ship: Saarai-kaar (Crew: Jitter, Jawa mechanic. Anthy, Section IX rookie)

Gear: Shadowsuit armor w/cloak and mask (on occassion), gloves, Chwûq (shoto lightsaber, Siqsa (lightsaber), utility belt with suprises, commlink, datapad.
Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Kristal Serasai » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:30 pm

On the mom note, I definitely wanted to mention how much I adore the mom/daughter relationship there. Those scenes are always great, and I enjoy greatly how you've made Arlena feel a lot like I'd imagine the woman who was Kristal's mother would be like.

It is a shame Harad didn't get much screen time, but there's always next time! I enjoy all of the characters you've helped bring to life on Kristal's crew, and I look forward to seeing more from Bur and all the others.

Thank you for the answers!
Force Sensitive | Human | Imperial Noble | Champion of Marr | Disciplined | Jedi Killer | "Traitor's" Daughter
On Person: Armored Robes, Comlink, Combat Knife, Lightsaber

"Cowardice is beneath me."

Datafile
Kristal Serasai

Postby Dapper Dog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:35 pm

I had a great deal of fun, so thanks for playing and that goes for everyone. If you have questions on any NPCs or plots fire away.
Dapper Dog

Postby Craw Toboga » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Been an awesome game. Thanks for GMing it!
|Mandalorian|Neutral|Mercenary|Totally Awesome|
Carries: [OK-98 Blaster Carbine (Slung over shoulder), Vibro-Machete (In Scabbard)], Mandalorian Battle Armor (Badass), Commlink, few Stimpacks.
[Where Appropriate]
Craw Toboga

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Thy + Jo'ren: so much love for that, thank you :)

I enjoyed seeing some familiar faces popping up. Reasons, Kalen and the gang, Thy. All good times. 2V's insistence on proper nutrition made me laugh too.

I mentioned this to you before, but interacting with Malak made me wish I'd taken Aggressor :lol:

I'm enjoying Jo'ren's path and seeing where it takes him, hope you are too :) I'm very much looking forward to the next time I can play him. Did you plan the Thy FTB, out was it as much a surprise to you?
Force Sensitive | True Sith | Athletic | Tough | Shii-Cho | Niman | Vengean's apprentice | Action Hero
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Wears or carries: Red double-bladed lightsaber, red standard lightsaber, comlink, utility belt and backpack with stuff, Sith Holocron, Heavy clothing or Sith armour with impressive cloak.
Ship: The Terror Star (light freighter). Crew: XL-R8 (pilot), T0-1L (co-piloting/engineer). Passenger: 2V-R6 (Astrogation/Protocol)
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Durasay Mixo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Thank you for taking the time to GM. I kmow the system can sometimes be a beast to be a wrangler for on the tabletop, with four to six players.

You cranked it up to 11.
Pantoran Peacekeeper | Neutral | Former Captain with Pantoran Defense Forces | Air of Command |
"Ah... the Negotiator..." | Theme

Equipped with: Smuggler's Trenchcoat (1/1 defense), Heavy Blaster Pistol (holstered to right thigh), Utility Belt, Vibrosword (+1 melee defense), Commlink, Datapad, Other items
Durasay Mixo

Next

Return to Q & A Forum