Arali Zian- The Washout

Everything you wanted to know and then some.

Arali Zian- The Washout

Postby Arali Zian » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:15 am

Ask away!
Republic ♥ Jedi ♥ Washout ♥ Twi'lek ♥ Superfarmer ♥ Nerd ♥ Pacifist
Inventory: Two-Handed Lightsaber 'Verdant,' Heavy Clothing, Comlink, Emergency Medpac,Utility Belt, Tool Kit, Datapad, Scanner Goggles
Arali Zian

Re: Arali Zian- The Washout

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Sadly didn't get a chance to interact with your character much.

I'm kinda wondering about the Superfarmer tag and if that came into play or not in the game.
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Nekoinu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 pm

We do need to resolve some things I think between Lorne/Arali :3

Any particular niches that you regret not exploring more in the game?
Assistant GM | Yandere | Duchess of Yuri | Corgi-chan?
Nekoinu

Postby Zanebry Varliss » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:15 pm

*hugs the plum*

Naughty girl turning down Arsele and making her cry :(

Had fun though, and you have Z's number in case you need help. I guess I should ask something....

Any type of thread you would of liked to have with Z that we missed?
Neutral * Freelance * Well Dressed * Retired Military * Gambler * Fast Hands

Gear: Evea'lin (slug thrower), Audh'reh (blaster pistol, hidden), Noth (vibroknife, hidden), Hat, Jacket, Gloves, Armored clothes. Umbrella

Ship: Three Drinks Description Smells like: Whiskey, Cigarettes, Cologne
Zanebry Varliss

Postby Arsele Girard » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 am

Yeah, Arsele was sad; Were definitely some fun threads though!

Anything you wished had gone different between the two of them though? Abbreviated storylines, aborted threads, things left undone, maybe a Huttcon collaboration?
Neutral ¤ Lounge Singer ¤ Dancer ¤ Secret Life ¤ Alderaanian Noble <> Appearance; 19 y/o, 5'4", blonde hair in braid, blue eyes, pale skin
faces of Arsele: Lounge | Socialite | Around Town | Casual
Carries: concealment holster w/ 411 holdout blaster and shortened barrel, comm, datapad, stimpack.
Backpack (usually hidden on ship): static pistol, climbing gear, lock picking tools, utility belt, extra ammo, hunting goggles, fusion lantern.
Arsele Girard

Postby Arali Zian » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:00 am

Remmington Thalalas wrote:I'm kinda wondering about the Superfarmer tag and if that came into play or not in the game.

Arali was originally conceived as an AgriCorps girl. At least, until it was pointed out to me that the service corps don't exist yet. Certain elements remained, spanning much of her life.

Her parents' life's work was trying to cultivate a form of highly nutritious algae on a formerly lifeless but mineral-rich ocean planet, with projected food exports that were slated to be astronomical... until they started getting successful enough to be strategically relevant on their underdefended little science outpost, and Arali was the only survivor of an imperial attack and subsequent slaver raid. She had to take care of herself for several months before Lorne rescued her.

Skip ahead to washing out and coming to Nar Shaddaa. Officially, she's aide to Master Thun, but most of what she does is unofficial. A lot of her time and resources over the last ten years have gone towards building up the agricultural infrastructure of a bunch of fringe colonies, with an emphasis on turning food deficit outposts into food surplus that can supply the war effort without starving the populace, primarily by going to human-dominant colonies and introducing various Ryl fungi and farming techniques that can take land previously considered barren or worthless, and get food out of them. She concerns herself more with planetary-scale coordination and development, more so than an individual farm basis, hence "superfarmer" instead of regular farmer.

In game, it came up a few times, in mild ways. She waved the numbers from one of her projects in Lorne's face, to immediate dismissal. It's the reason she was on the Starcross on her way back to Nar Shaddaa. It's part of why Arali's specialty as a painter is landscapes. A hobby that got trickled up to Lorne, actually. And it was justification for a lovely pie.

It colored a lot of things, but wasn't necessarily directly relevant.
Nekoinu wrote:We do need to resolve some things I think between Lorne/Arali :3

Any particular niches that you regret not exploring more in the game?

We could still do a D11 thread, but I like having a lot of things unresolved for next game!

One point that just got completely and utterly dropped that I regret came up when Arali was talking to Shan about the fundamental problem with "peace talks" with the Sith and that the phrase fundamentally undermines their own goal. Shan suggested that she advise Senator Harresh on Sith philosophy, but things got so busy so fast I never followed up.
Zanebry Varliss wrote:*hugs the plum*

Naughty girl turning down Arsele and making her cry :(

Had fun though, and you have Z's number in case you need help. I guess I should ask something....

Any type of thread you would of liked to have with Z that we missed?

I didn't want to make Arsele cry! But she came back at, like, literally the worst possible time!

I actually like how the Z/Arali friendship played out!
Arsele Girard wrote:Yeah, Arsele was sad; Were definitely some fun threads though!

Anything you wished had gone different between the two of them though? Abbreviated storylines, aborted threads, things left undone, maybe a Huttcon collaboration?

The Arali/Arsele relationship kinda got completely sidetracked, unfortunately, and Arsele came back right as the Arali/Luth relationship was on the rise. Arali feels terrible about the whole situation!

That said, shortly after game start, the thought occurred to me that the Arali/Arsele relationship might have been more interesting if they'd instead been exes, with lots of unresolved sexual tension, but that's a whole other universe.
Republic ♥ Jedi ♥ Washout ♥ Twi'lek ♥ Superfarmer ♥ Nerd ♥ Pacifist
Inventory: Two-Handed Lightsaber 'Verdant,' Heavy Clothing, Comlink, Emergency Medpac,Utility Belt, Tool Kit, Datapad, Scanner Goggles
Arali Zian

Postby Arsele Girard » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:19 am

Wow, I hadn't thought of that. That would have been interesting indeed. And added some layers~ XD
Neutral ¤ Lounge Singer ¤ Dancer ¤ Secret Life ¤ Alderaanian Noble <> Appearance; 19 y/o, 5'4", blonde hair in braid, blue eyes, pale skin
faces of Arsele: Lounge | Socialite | Around Town | Casual
Carries: concealment holster w/ 411 holdout blaster and shortened barrel, comm, datapad, stimpack.
Backpack (usually hidden on ship): static pistol, climbing gear, lock picking tools, utility belt, extra ammo, hunting goggles, fusion lantern.
Arsele Girard

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:54 am

Interesting. I'm a bit more sadden that I didn't run into your character at all.
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Return to Q & A Forum