I wish I was a Baller (D9, ME)

The Premier HuttBall Arena

I wish I was a Baller (D9, ME)

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:24 am

You can't keep a good team down...

Jo'ren was pissed that he'd missed yesterday's game and was back with a vengeance, assuming no life threatening injuries from the potential bombing earlier.

As he got changed in the locker room he grinned as he saw the scrubs they were up against being broadcast on the TV. What he had come to think of as 'his' team was really a loose amalgamation of various folks who were team spirited enough to put aside their differences and just work together for something. It was fun, and he would probably miss it when he left.
Force Sensitive | True Sith | Athletic | Tough | Shii-Cho | Niman | Vengean's apprentice | Action Hero
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Wears or carries: Red double-bladed lightsaber, red standard lightsaber, comlink, utility belt and backpack with stuff, Sith Holocron, Heavy clothing or Sith armour with impressive cloak.
Ship: The Terror Star (light freighter). Crew: XL-R8 (pilot), T0-1L (co-piloting/engineer). Passenger: 2V-R6 (Astrogation/Protocol)
Jo'ren Rath

Re: I wish I was a Baller (D9, ME)

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:51 am

Aphr walked in soon after, noticing Jo'ren watching the TV with a small smile. He always scouted the opposition. "It'll be a shame when you leave" she commented as she went to change
Neutral * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Adorable little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Inventory: Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes)
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
(OOC note-when trying to influence Aphr with the Influence Force Power, upgrade your roll by 1 & add a setback dice)
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:39 am

Finding herself with a moment of free time to work out her frustrations and aggression, Shaisha surprisingly joins the game as well.

"Hey, Aphr," she smiled to the twi'lek as she pulled out her 'uniform' for the game. And a much more appriciative look at Jo'ren. "Hey, Jo'ren."
Sith | Shien Sentinel | Pureblood | Vowrawn's Apprentice | Deviless | Scourge's Legacy | Successor To The Eternal Emperor | Data | Theme (end of game)
Ship: Saarai-kaar (Crew: Jitter, Jawa mechanic. Anthy, Section IX rookie)

Gear: Shadowsuit armor w/cloak and mask (on occassion), gloves, Chwûq (shoto lightsaber, Siqsa (lightsaber), utility belt with suprises, commlink, datapad.
Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:44 am

Cole sauntered in, mind still half elsewhere, but he grinned lopsidedly, running a hand through his hair, at the sight of his favourite pair of purebloods. "Deviless, I'm not sure I cleared you to play," he teased.
Petty Officer | Navy Surgeon | Republic | Forever Alone | Profile

OUTFIT: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Backpack, Utility Belt.
GEAR: Standard Medpac, Respirator, Datapad, Fusion Lantern, Flask.
Accompanied by Pt. Pir Yongo, Republic Soldier from Dantooine, when in the Red Light District.
LANGUAGES: Huttese.

Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, I get to roll my dice, ain't it nice?
Cole Ormont

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:48 am

"You told me to take it easy," she said as she slipped out of her armor. Unlike the kind that Jo'ren wore, hers was skin-tight and made of some sort of reinforced yet supple-material that made it more like something she had to peel off her. Though she still kept the glove on her left hand.

"So I held off on all my usual killing and mayhem today, and decided to have some casual fun with Huttball instead."
Sith | Shien Sentinel | Pureblood | Vowrawn's Apprentice | Deviless | Scourge's Legacy | Successor To The Eternal Emperor | Data | Theme (end of game)

Gear: Shadowsuit armor w/cloak and mask (on occassion), gloves, Chwûq (shoto lightsaber, Siqsa (lightsaber), utility belt with suprises, commlink, datapad.
Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:58 am

Cole chuckled, "I seem to recall it was a casual huttball game that I first had to come see you for." He raised an eyebrow, watching her peel out of her armour, one side of his mouth curled up a little; if anyone asked, he was merely watching for indications of pain or lingering disruptor effects.

"I'm glad you're feeling better, but I'd like to drop in tomorrow morning all the same. Do you think we could get some privacy?" He wanted to check on Jo'ren as well, but held off for the moment in hopes of avoiding wibb-wobbling the timey-wimey stuff.

Accompanied by Pt. Pir Yongo, Republic Soldier from Dantooine, when in the Red Light District.

Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, I get to roll my dice, ain't it nice?
Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:11 am

"This should be interesting." Galen was staring up at the monitor showing the field. "Looks like fun."
Human | Force Sensitive | Seeker | Hunter | Neutral
Wears: Heavy Clothing, Utility Belt, Thermal Cloak
Carries: Datapad, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Other Gear as Necessary
Pet: Navi
Galen Sol

Postby Vec Gunnar » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:13 pm

With an abundance of testosterone and anger to work off, Vec strolled in to join the group.
Imperial | Human | Military | Trooper | Sergeant | OT-422
Carries on Duty: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle, Combat Knife, Grenades, Laminate Armour, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Stimpack x2, and likely even more.

Description
Vec Gunnar

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:29 pm

"Mhm, sure, I can save you some time in the morning. Always enjoy your visits," she smirked back at him and quickly changed into her suit.

"Galen, and Vec... lots of familiar faces on the team tonight. Seems Jo'ren is drawing quite the following," Shaisha chuckled as she glanced over to her fellow pureblood.

Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Cole followed her gaze towards the massive Sith, becoming somewhat distracted. He mentally shakes himself, "Vec, I still owe you that drink. I'm better prepared these days," and he takes the flask of whiskey from his kit.

Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:36 pm

"I'm expecting him to cut through the other team in the opening few seconds." Galen shrugged.
Galen Sol

Postby Vec Gunnar » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Vec gave casual nods to everyone he knew, then one to Galen and Aphr. "Well, yeah, I figured that I wasn't giving people a rough enough day. I'll take this as overtime for another stab at it."

He looked at Cole, pleasantly surprised. "So you did consider it after all. Still, pretty sure I'm the one who owes you a drink."
Imperial | Human | Military | Trooper | Sergeant | OT-422
Carries on Duty: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blaster Rifle, Combat Knife, Grenades, Laminate Armour, Comlink, Scanner Goggles, Stimpack x2, and likely even more.

Description
Vec Gunnar

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Shaisha Vreysk wrote:"Galen, and Vec... lots of familiar faces on the team tonight. Seems Jo'ren is drawing quite the following," Shaisha chuckled as she glanced over to her fellow pureblood.

"I would complain that I've been here as long as Jo'ren...but if I was getting the following, then I wouldn't be doing my job in the team correctly" Aphr said with a grin, looking over all the new people with a smile and a wave
Neutral * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Adorable little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Inventory: Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes)
(OOC note-when trying to influence Aphr with the Influence Force Power, upgrade your roll by 1 & add a setback dice)
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:49 pm

The big Sith laughed and offered fistbumps or high fives depending on preference. "Good to see y'all. Man I'm going to miss this." He grinned at them.

"You should all just sign up with the Sith Empire so we can keep playing together." He winked at Aphr, thinking maybe she'd like to spend more time with her sister.
Force Sensitive | True Sith | Athletic | Tough | Shii-Cho | Niman | Vengean's apprentice | Action Hero
Wears or carries: Red double-bladed lightsaber, red standard lightsaber, comlink, utility belt and backpack with stuff, Sith Holocron, Heavy clothing or Sith armour with impressive cloak.
Ship: The Terror Star (light freighter). Crew: XL-R8 (pilot), T0-1L (co-piloting/engineer). Passenger: 2V-R6 (Astrogation/Protocol)
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Shaisha refused to settle for the high-five. So her hand held onto Jo'ren as she pulled him down for a quick, but fiery, kiss.

"Glad to see you're still whole," she commented in a hushed tone. In a way she was relieved she had taken the worst of the brunt against Shade... she'd be pissed as hell if Kristal or Jo'ren had gone down*.

---

*=also because trying to lift or carry either of the two would've been a hard feat for her.

Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Cole raised an eyebrow slightly. The eyebrow said interesting, but his eyes were guarded, expression settling into resting bitch face. He was still bothered by the faint, ominous feeling he'd had that morning.

Cole Ormont

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Aphr laughed. "I don't think these locker rooms have seen that before!" she grinned, crossing her arms "ready, all?"
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:34 pm

OOC: If Jo'ren opts for healing:

[D9 ME] Jo'ren Healing (Medicine): 2eP+2eA+2eB+2eD 2 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Healed 6 wounds, 2 strain.
If wounds < half threshold, heal an additional wound
Can also add up to 5 wounds healed from free stimpack.

Cole Ormont

Postby Galen Sol » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:42 pm

"Can I get one of those Shai? For luck?" he joked, probably.
Galen Sol

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Aphr rolled her eyes, before leading the team out. Their opponents however seemed prepared for the little Twi'lek, and her usual tricks didn't help in the slightest.

D9 LE Huttball! Skullduggery: 1eA+2eP+3eD 0 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

D9 LE Huttball! resilience: 2eA+2eD 0 successes
ImageImageImageImage

(0 successes
4 strain)
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Shaisha Vreysk » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Shaisha chuckled and blew Galen a kiss. "That'll do for now, Galen. Score a goal, you might get a real one."

Stepping into the field, the female pureblood quickly found a good vantage spot where she could see the weakness in the opposing team's structure. They scored a goal already, the bastards.

"Left flank! Go for the left flank," she shouted to her team-mates as she passed the ball to Cole and narrowingly dodged a tackle.

---

D9 ME Huttball Round 1! Perception/Cunning: 1eP+3eA+3eD 2 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

D9 ME Huttball Round 1! Resilience!: 1eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes
ImageImageImageImage

Strain taken: 5

Successes: 2
Enemy Team Threat: 3 (2 from Shai, 1 from Aphr)
Current Goal: 0-1

Art
Shaisha Vreysk

Postby Cole Ormont » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Before hitting the court, Cole opened his kit and took out a stimpack, unloading it. He inserted a single, unmarked vial, and shot the drugs into his thigh.

The team was off to a slow start, and all Cole could manage was to advance the ball somewhat, passing off to Vec just before a member of the opposite team sucker punched him.

---
[D9 ME] Stim Application: Presence (Medicine): 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 3 advantage
Presence increases to 4
4 Strain

[D9 ME] Huttball Rnd1 (Cool): 2eP+2eA+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage
+1 Boost to Vec

[D9 ME] Huttball Rnd1 (Resilience): 1eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImage
3 Strain (total 7)

Success: 3
Failure: 0
Score: 0-0
Last edited by Cole Ormont on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cole Ormont

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:45 pm

(OOC: Ghosted with permission)

Vec looked around at the game that was going on and figured he'd help best by blasting the crap out of the opposition. His covering fire set up Jo'ren for a run at goal, but after shooting a guy in the face on stun he found the ball at his feet and ran with it to score the first goal of the match!

D9. Huttball #1 ghosting for Vec. Ranged(Light). Boost from Cole.: 3eP+1eB+3eD 0 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph

D9. Huttball resilience #1: 1eP+2eA+2eD 1 success
ImageImageImageImageImage

Triumph to score a goal.
2 advantage for boost to Jo'ren.
Success on resilience.

Current score 1-0
Total successes: 3
Total failures: 0
Total Triumphs: 1
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Galen Sol » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:56 pm

Galen looked for another opening to score, but found nothing.

D9, ME, Huttball, Perception, Uncanny Senses: 2eA+1eP+1eB+3eD 0 successes

D9, ME, Huttball, First Resilience: 1eA+1eP+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
Galen Sol

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Jo'ren grabbed the ball after Vec's goal and set up. He literally punched a way through the enemy lines and scored, then ran back to punch the guy who had floored Cole. The resulting dog pile left an opening for his team...

D9. Huttball round 1. Brawl with Sense dice committed. Boost from Vec.: 2eP+2eA+1eB+3eD 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

D9. Huttball resilience #1: 1eP+3eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Failure with 1 advantage = 2 strain taken?

Goal!
Boost to next player.

Current score 2-0
Total successes: 4
Total failures: 0
Total Triumphs: 1
Jo'ren Rath

Next

Return to Nar Shaddaa HuttBall Arena