Hit me With Your Best Shot (D7 ME)

The Premier HuttBall Arena

Hit me With Your Best Shot (D7 ME)

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:19 am

For the first, and probably only time, it was Cole who was first to arrive at the Huttball arena. That suited him just fine, it had been a hectic day. He found a bench in the locker room and sat, knees wide and shoulders slouched.

Opening his kit, he browsed the selection of vials until found the one he wanted, plucking it from its pocket, one of the restricted drugs that didn't normally see much use. It was half empty. He loaded the vial to a stimpack, pushing the needle through the heavyweight fabric of his pants and into the flesh of his thigh, and pulled the trigger.
Petty Officer | Navy Surgeon | Republic | Forever Alone | Profile

OUTFIT: Diagnostic Spectacles, Heavy Clothing, Backpack, Utility Belt.
GEAR: Standard Medpac, Respirator, Datapad, Fusion Lantern, Flask.
Accompanied by Pt. Pir Yongo, Republic Soldier from Dantooine, when in the Red Light District.
LANGUAGES: Huttese.

Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, I get to roll my dice, ain't it nice?
Cole Ormont

Re: Hit me With Your Best Shot (D7 ME)

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:59 am

For the first time in a while, the pink Twi'lek returned to the team. She needed a few day, but now she had time to play again. She hadn't seen the doctor injecting himself as she went to change.
Neutral * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Adorable little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Inventory: Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes)
Speaks: Common, Twi'lek, Hutt
(OOC note-when trying to influence Aphr with the Influence Force Power, upgrade your roll by 1 & add a setback dice)
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Cole's repacking his kit when the Twi'lek enters, after a moment, "Aphr, right?"

Accompanied by Pt. Pir Yongo, Republic Soldier from Dantooine, when in the Red Light District.

Some guys have all the luck, some guys get all the breaks, I get to roll my dice, ain't it nice?
Cole Ormont

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Niall showed up not long after. He was already dressed and ready to go in his exercise clothing.

He jogged up to join his two teammates. "Cole, Aphr." Each got a nod and a smile, just for them. "It's good to see you."
Republic Military Officer * Alderaanian Noble * Diplomat * Profile * Theme
Carries: Officer's Blaster Pistol, 4 stimpacks. Grenade when appropriate
Niall Organa

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:06 pm

"Hello" Aphr said with a smile, waving "that's correct. I don't think we've properly met before, even though we've played together."

She moved over to offer her hand to the man to shake. She hadn't gotten changed yet, so was still wearing her usual daily clothes.

"Aphr Ahaya of the Starcross."

She waved to Niall, who got a sweet smile also. "Been a while. Sorry for vanishing from the team for a bit, the...game a few days ago didn't sit well with me."
Neutral * Twi'lek * Pretty and Charming * Adorable little sister * Force-Sensitive * Profile
Inventory: Blaster Pistol, Pretty Clothes(Average Perception check detects plating),comlink, stimpacks, Hidden Pink Sapith Gem Necklace, Hidden Lightsaber (sometimes)
(OOC note-when trying to influence Aphr with the Influence Force Power, upgrade your roll by 1 & add a setback dice)
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Cole gets to his feet, much more easily than usual, and firmly shakes Aphr's hand. There are few things that really get under his skin, but people who tried to crush your fingers or gave you the weakest, dead fish shake really grated on him.

"Petty Officer Cole Ormont, Republic Naval Surgeon. If you've got any concerns, we have time before the game."

Cole Ormont

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Aphr Ahaya wrote:She waved to Niall, who got a sweet smile also. "Been a while. Sorry for vanishing from the team for a bit, the...game a few days ago didn't sit well with me."

Niall hesitated a moment, then nodded, returning his smile with a charming one of his own. "That's quite understandable. It was an unusual thing. Or, at least, it would be unusual where I'm from. Here, I gather it might be one of the occasional costs of playing, so to speak."

He brightened. "Anyway, glad to have you back. I actually missed the last few games myself. Things came up." His lips twisted.
Niall Organa

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Cole Ormont wrote:Cole gets to his feet, much more easily than usual, and firmly shakes Aphr's hand. There are few things that really get under his skin, but people who tried to crush your fingers or gave you the weakest, dead fish shake really grated on him.

"Petty Officer Cole Ormont, Republic Naval Surgeon. If you've got any concerns, we have time before the game."

She matched his handshake with one a little weaker, but she certainly wasn't weak.

"Good to meet you" she gave him a sweet smile "there's plenty to be concerned about, but nothing that needs looking into before our game. Unless there's going to be attacks on the Huttball game, which I doubt."

Niall Organa wrote:Niall hesitated a moment, then nodded, returning his smile with a charming one of his own. "That's quite understandable. It was an unusual thing. Or, at least, it would be unusual where I'm from. Here, I gather it might be one of the occasional costs of playing, so to speak."

He brightened. "Anyway, glad to have you back. I actually missed the last few games myself. Things came up." His lips twisted.

"I suspect it is a cost of playing, I just didn't like it" Aphr frowned "but the team is more important than one game. I hope you're ok?" she motioned to Cole "as Cole says, we have time before the game."
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Niall Organa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Aphr Ahaya wrote:"I suspect it is a cost of playing, I just didn't like it" Aphr frowned "but the team is more important than one game. I hope you're ok?" she motioned to Cole "as Cole says, we have time before the game."

"I quite agree." Niall nodded his approval, his grey eyes glinting at the young woman.

He sighed, his lips twisting wryly. "Unfortunately, I'd love to tell you, but it's work stuff." He shot Cole a quick glance before turning back to Aphr. "On the other hand, we can talk about you without angry intelligence agents banging on my door tomorrow morning." He angled his body, including Cole, making sure it was a three-way conversation.
Niall Organa

Postby Cole Ormont » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:37 pm

A twitch of an eyebrow suggested that Cole did not agree with the Captain's statement, but he said nothing, pale eyes guarded and a hand running through his hair.

Cole Ormont

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:02 am

"Ah" Aphr nodded "I see. I won't press then, but hope it all works out for the best?" She shrugged, not sure what to say "I can't really talk of my issues, although problems like the amount of blood these 'peace talks' are bringing doesn't sit comfortably with me."
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:00 pm

"Yes." Niall sighed. "I hope that it is just the last gasp of those desperate for war to continue. Unfortunately, I fear that this contingent is a large one. Hopefully they won't be successful."

His expression grew a bit less dark. "Well, it won't be for much longer, one way or another. And then we'll be out of your way. What will come next for you, then?"
Niall Organa

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:05 pm

After turning in a bounty, Remmington hurries over to the Hutt Ball arena, changes, and comes out of the locker room. He jogs out to be exact and waves to everyone. "Hey guys. I hope everyone has been well."
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:45 pm

It wasn't good to hold on to all that rage that had been simmering underneath his skin all morning and afternoon. It also wasn't healthy to have as light a wallet as he did right now. Might as well solve two problems with one stone. Finding his way to the Huttball arena, Durasay entered the locker room. Looking about those gathered, he didn't really recognize anyone. Smiling grimly, he found a locker, and folded his trench coat carefully into it.

"Hi, hope you all don't mind me coming in. I heard about the potential from a crewmate of mine, and well, decided to see if there was a spot on a team for a player." He looked at those gathered, his yellow-amber eyes taking each one in. "Durasay Mixo, of the Tortoise."
Pantoran Peacekeeper | Neutral | Former Captain with Pantoran Defense Forces | Air of Command |
"Ah... the Negotiator..." | Theme

Equipped with: Smuggler's Trenchcoat (1/1 defense), Heavy Blaster Pistol (holstered to right thigh), Utility Belt, Vibrosword (+1 melee defense), Commlink, Datapad, Other items
Durasay Mixo

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:49 pm

Jo'ren entered the locker rooms and changed into his Huttball outfit. "Hey team. Thanks for fixing me up Cole. Ready to kick some more ass?"

He looked over towards the changing rooms of the other team. "Looks like a bunch of losers to me."
Force Sensitive | True Sith | Athletic | Tough | Shii-Cho | Niman | Vengean's apprentice | Action Hero
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Wears or carries: Red double-bladed lightsaber, red standard lightsaber, comlink, utility belt and backpack with stuff, Sith Holocron, Heavy clothing or Sith armour with impressive cloak.
Ship: The Terror Star (light freighter). Crew: XL-R8 (pilot), T0-1L (co-piloting/engineer). Passenger: 2V-R6 (Astrogation/Protocol)
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:49 pm

After greeting Remmington, Cole moved towards the newcomer, offering a hand. "Petty Officer Cole Ormont, glad to have you aboard."

Cole Ormont

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Jo'ren looked over and grinned. "He's good in a fight. I say we bring him on."
Force Sensitive | True Sith | Athletic | Tough | Shii-Cho | Niman | Vengean's apprentice | Action Hero
Wears or carries: Red double-bladed lightsaber, red standard lightsaber, comlink, utility belt and backpack with stuff, Sith Holocron, Heavy clothing or Sith armour with impressive cloak.
Ship: The Terror Star (light freighter). Crew: XL-R8 (pilot), T0-1L (co-piloting/engineer). Passenger: 2V-R6 (Astrogation/Protocol)
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Cole chuckled and winked at the Sith, "I hope that's not the only requirement."

Cole Ormont

Postby Aphr Ahaya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Niall Organa wrote:"Yes." Niall sighed. "I hope that it is just the last gasp of those desperate for war to continue. Unfortunately, I fear that this contingent is a large one. Hopefully they won't be successful."

His expression grew a bit less dark. "Well, it won't be for much longer, one way or another. And then we'll be out of your way. What will come next for you, then?"

"Me? Maybe an off-world expedition of my own" Aphr chuckled, smiling again "I'm still deciding my future."

Then others arrived, Aphr smiled and waved to each one, adding a "hey Jo'ren" as the star of the team arrived. He was her favourite as well.

The new person earnt a soft smile from the now tiny Twi'lek in a roomful of large males. "If Jo'ren vouches for you, then I'm fine with it. Aphr Ahaya of the Starcross, and apparently the entire female part of the team" she laughed.
Aphr Ahaya

Postby Jo'ren Rath » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:09 pm

"Sounds like you've been keeping busy Aphr." He gave her a winning smile. "Where off-world?"

The big Sith looked over at Cole and Durasay. "Heh, not the only requirement. Just the one I default to." He shrugged and started stretching.
Jo'ren Rath

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:16 pm

"Considering your expertise in that matter, I take it as one of the highest compliments, Lord Rath." He grinned at the massive action-hero of a Sith, before while taking in the names.

Cole Ormont. Shaisha spoke of him, I'll need to talk to him post game about the plan. "A pleasure to meet you, Petty Officer Ormont." He shook the hand firmly, his smile still warm. "We have a mutual friend who said I should meet you sometime. Maybe a chance to talk after the game?" Then he turned to address the pink Twi'lek. "Aphr Ahaya. Also a pleasure." His smile softened, showing even more genuine warmth. "The Starcross... I think I've heard of her. Maybe. But any spacer I know I can trust."

The others he didn't know, but he was sure by the end of this, it could be a good bonding experience.
Pantoran Peacekeeper | Neutral | Former Captain with Pantoran Defense Forces | Air of Command |

Equipped with: Smuggler's Trenchcoat (1/1 defense), Heavy Blaster Pistol (holstered to right thigh), Utility Belt, Vibrosword (+1 melee defense), Commlink, Datapad, Other items
Durasay Mixo

Postby Cole Ormont » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Something flickered in Cole's pale eyes, "I have no plans, we can arrange something." Then, to the group in general, he asked, "who's ready to play?"

Perhaps that announcement was how it came to be Cole that had the huttball, and was leading the team to the court. He wished he'd started things off with more of a bang, at least, the right kind of bang. He passed the ball off to the newcomer just in time, before two of the opposing team members tackled him to the ground.

---
[D7 ME] Huttball Rnd1 (Cool): 2eP+1eA+3eD 1 success, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Strain

[D7 ME] Huttball Rnd1 (Resilience): 1eP+1eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
+2 Strain (3 from failure, Advantage to heal 1, total: 3)

Successes: 1
Failures: 0
Score: 0-0

Cole Ormont

Postby Durasay Mixo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:46 pm

Leadership for Huttball! (Presence 4, Leadership 1, 2x Command, Enhanced Leader, vs. hard difficulty): 1eP+3eA+2eB+1eF+3eD 6 successes, 1 threat, 1 Triumph, 1 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Durasay took the field with the others. And immediately sizing up the other team, he figured out their game plan. Taking the ball from Cole as it was passed, he managed to coordinate the team, allowing an opening for a goal, and then another!

Huttball Resilience! (2 brawn vs. average difficulty): 2eA+2eD 1 success, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImage

(OOC: Scores 2 goals, suffers 3 strain all told. Strain 3/12)

Successes: 7 (1 triumph)
Score: 2-0
Last edited by Durasay Mixo on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Durasay Mixo

Postby Niall Organa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Niall adapted to the dynamic leadership of Durasay, and helped him split the team into two squads. He kept his in the rear, reacting to threats, and encouraging the rest of the team while Durasay's squad pressed forward.

----------------------------------------

Huttball D7 Round 1 - Leadership: 2eP+2eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

+1 boost for next roller

Huttball D7 Round 1 - Resilience: 2eA+2eD 1 failure, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

-2 strain

Successes: 9
Score: 3-0 (1 triumph)
Niall Organa

Postby Remmington Thalalas » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:24 am

"Remmington Thalalas with the Skidbladnir. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." He makes his introduction short as the game soon is underway.

The ball is dropped by one of the opposing team members after they take a hard hit. Well I guess now is as good as time as any to show off a little.

His body moves like a blur as he zooms by the entire opposing team and scores yet another goal for the team.

D7 Round 1. HuttBall - Athletics. Boost from Niall = 2 success, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Light Side for success.
+1 Boost to Aphr

D7 Round 1. HuttBall - Resilience = 0 success, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
+3 Strain
-3 Strain

Successes: 13
Score: 4-0 (1 triumph)
Sith | Force Sensitive | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Duelist | Mechanic | Charming | Hutt Ball Team: Valkyrie | Honourary Fett | Exp
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour (Mandalorian), Lightsaber - Gram, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir
Remmington Thalalas

Next

Return to Nar Shaddaa HuttBall Arena